Last night was quite traumatizing - when I woke up to check on the baby I found him on his stomach in between his "wedge," with the blankets over his head. I thought he had rolled over and suffocated himself. I grabbed him and woke up Mike, and in the process the baby woke up and gave me an irritated look as if to say, "Dang, mom...what did you wake me up for?" I almost passed out from the panic.
Jaden's been trying desperately for a couple of weeks now to roll on his stomach in bed. Because of his wedge, he got as far as sleeping on his side (which he does all the time now). It seems now that he has mastered rolling, wedge or no wedge. He was determined!
Mike checked on the baby after this "incident" and found him again sleeping on his stomach. We'll be transitioning him to his crib very soon so he'll be safer sleeping this way if he insists on it. I know there is a lot of concern nowadays for babies sleeping on their tummies due to the higher risk of SIDS. I've also heard that pediatricians aren't that concerned about the risk if the baby has good control over his neck and head. We are confident that Jaden will be crawling in a month since he loves playing on his tummy and can support half of his body with his arms. We will be watching him and creating a safer sleeping area so if he decides to continue rolling at night he will be OK.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment