Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Crib

We've had Jaden in the crib for three nights now.  So far, it's been a success!  The first night was obviously pretty tough; he cried for about 45 minutes and finally fell asleep after I rocked him for a few minutes.  The second night was better - in maybe 30 minutes he was asleep.  Last night was about the same, although he only woke up once, at 3AM.   He usually will wake up at around 5 or 6 in the morning, however, this morning I had to wake him at 7:00 to get him ready to go to daycare!  I've never had to wake him, and frankly I'm not too keen on waking a sleeping baby but I had to head off to work.  

Mimi (daycare provider) is reporting very good things about Jaden.  She is making him take his naps in a play yard so he can continue to learn to fall asleep on his own.  I think this is making our efforts much easier at home, so we're glad she's helping us with it.   He's always in a good mood and smiley and cheery, as the other mothers report at the park!   I always knew he was a flirt...

We've started Jaden on cereal again; since he was sick last week we stopped the solids until he got better.  Mike fed him last night and he loved it!  He's not trying to grab at the spoon anymore and is opening wide for daddy.   If you try to walk away with the cereal, prepare to get screamed at. 

Mimi is going on vacation for a week at the beginning of May so it looks like Lola will be flying out for a week to take care of the boy while Mike and I work.   She's very excited and can't wait to see the boy.  By that time, she will be chasing him around as he will surely be mobile!  

No comments:

Post a Comment