Today, I took the baby for a walk to grab some Starbucks and get fresh air. On the way there, some asshole kid shouted out of his friend's car that he wanted to fuck my baby. Who in the hell says something like that??? Too bad Mike wasn't with us, otherwise that kid would no longer have a voicebox to talk. On the way back from the walk, I was waiting at the crosswalk of a busy intersection. When I had the right of way on the green light, 10 cars sped right past me, cutting me off from the crosswalk. I was looking at each of them in disgust and amazement that they felt it was OK to cut off a mother with a baby in a stroller. After the 10 passed, I saw another car in the distance speeding and didn't want to chance it for fear that they wouldn't stop for me. To my amazement, they didn't. By the time the car passed, the light was yellow. I crossed as fast as I could and it turned red before I got halfway. I was so pissed at the audacity and lack of courtesy and civility that I couldn't see straight. It makes me sad that people have little regard for manners and common courtesy these days. I know one thing - Jaden will be a very well mannered, courteous gentleman to all people when he grows up, that's for sure.
Since my Meemaw checks my blog often during the early morning hours, I wanted to say that there is a chance that Jaden and I will be visiting TN at the beginning of May. Jaden's Mimi is going on vacation so it may be a good opportunity to visit since we will have a lot going on mid-May, June and July. We're not 100% sure yet as I need to check on my project timelines at work, but I'm hopeful that the timing will work. I'll keep you posted... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment