Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jaden Video

I realize I haven't "blogged" in a while, so in an effort to tide you over, I have attached a video of Jaden and Daddy taken from my Blackberry. It's obviously not the best quality but you get the picture.


As far as updates go, the boy has still been consistent in waking up every two hours during the night to nurse. Sometimes he'll wake every half an hour! It's really starting to take its toll on us and I've finally broke out Dr. Ferber's book, Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems. There's a technique called "ferberizing" in which you allow your baby to cry it out (in a controlled setting) so that they learn to fall asleep on their own without the assistance of Mommy or Daddy. It may sound inhumane to some, but for many babies it's the primary technique that will give you the results you need, and quickly. They say, "if you resent it, change it." So, we're changing his sleeping habits so we can get the much needed sleep we deserve. I discussed this with the Pediatrician as well and she said that working moms need to often do this. So, I don't feel so bad.
Don't worry, he'll be OK!

I'll leave you with a funny note: The other day, I was changing the baby's diaper on our bed. I took his diaper off and while I was reaching for another, he peed all over the place! I turned because I heard his pee hit the plastic tub of baby wipes. When I asked, "Did you pee?!" He laughed at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment