Jaden had his 9 month wellness checkup last week - here are his current stats:
Height - 29.25 in. (78th percentile)
Weight - 21.13 lbs. (66th percentile)
Head Circumference - 47 cm. (88th percentile)
He was down a couple of lbs. I can assume due to teething. He now has a total of 7 teeth!
He has both of his front top teeth, three on the bottom and I just discovered two more coming through right next to his front tops. He was very cranky and clingy all weekend and I couldn't figure out why until I happened to stumble upon those two. 7 teeth at 9 months...quite exciting!
Jaden's speech has changed recently as far as the intonations and expanded consonants. We also feel like he can understand us more. This morning, he crawled on me in bed, looking for a bottle on my nightstand. When I asked him if he wanted me to make him a bottle, he looked at me and said, "baba?" And when I told him that Daddy was coming home, he peered over to the garage door to see if he was there. He then cruised over to the door and sat there against it, looking up, waiting for his daddy to come through the door. It was very sweet!
As I'm sure you all have already seen, Jaden has been trying to "break out" of his playpen we setup in our formal living room only days ago. This is quite disturbing to us. He's only 9 months old for crying out loud! We really don't think he has the leg strength yet to actually accomplish this but it is a strong reminder that we have to install the gates at the top of the stairs for when the day comes that he decides to bust out of his crib.
Jaden is almost exclusively on sippy cups now. Luckily, the sippy cup geniuses made "no-spill nozzles" so he can zip around the house in his walker with his sippy cup in hand, waving in the air and not one drop of milk ends up on the floor. He's also content sitting in his little rocking chair in front of the TV watching Sesame Street, drinking from his cup.
So, I've finally busted out the Beaba Baby Food Processor and will be using it this week to make my own baby food. I've already bought organic fruits and am just waiting for them to ripen. My first batches will include peaches, bananas and sweet potatoes. I'm very excited! I've been waiting to use this wonderful gift from Meemaw and am finally unpacked and settled in the new house where I can make this a bi-weekly event. I plan on hitting up the farmer's market this weekend for more organic produce and am hoping to score some mangos.
No comments:
Post a Comment