Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kisses on Command



Jaden can now kiss on command.  Anytime he hears the word "kiss," he leans in and plants a good one smack on the lips.  He was playing with his toys while I was lying nearby and I told him to "come here and give me a kiss," and he stopped playing, crawled over to me and gave me a big kiss.  It was so CUTE!

He can also wave and say "bu-bye" now.  I love it.  He's also been pretty adventurous and will let go of whatever he's holding and he'll stand there, unassisted, and clap for a few seconds.  If he attempts it but is wobbly, he'll stop clapping, secure his footing and try again.  If he knows he doesn't have the balance at the time, he'll lean on something so he can clap.  

Jaden's been sleeping through the night for over 10 days now, so we now know it's not a fluke.  It's amazing how well the Ferber method works and I recommend it to all of my friends who have babies.  The Ferber Method requires you to allow your child to "cry it out" for certain intervals until they learn to fall asleep on their own without being rocked or fed or with a parent present. It's really hard to do but persistence pays off and you'll be blessed with good sleeping habits for the whole family.   It took Jaden four days to learn and since then, he's watched me walk out of the room without a whine or cry and has fallen asleep shortly after that.  He wakes up at 6 or 7 in the morning and I can actually say this is the first time since being pregnant that I've had a solid night's sleep.  I'm actually not used to this much sleep so my body needs to adjust - I've been pretty groggy lately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment