Tuesday, May 18, 2010

20 Months

Today, Jaden is 20 months old. He's growing and communicating more and more everyday and today he completely amazed me. He was drinking water from a water bottle (by himself, he insisted) in my lap, facing me, when he stopped drinking to point out and identify the features of my face. He touched my nose ("noose"), my mouth ("mouf"), eyes ("eyesh") and hair ("haiu"). Then he continued drinking from his water bottle. I almost cried.

Here's a list of what Jaden has accomplished along with some of his quirks:

- Saying multiple words together "Hi Daddy," "Bye Bye Daddy," "Bye guys, "Nonono...is mine!" and my favorite: "Wuv yooo"
- Counting to ten (he skips Seven and Eight usually but can say them and loves saying Nine)
- In the mortal words of the Wonder Pets, he says, "this....is....SEEWEEUS." (translated, 'this is serious')
- Assembles his step stool in front of the sink and washes his hands
- Leaves his toys in the car when I instruct him to
- LOVES school and waves "byebye" to me as I'm leaving
- Is afraid of spiders (he knows how to say spider too)
- Knows what monkeys are and can say "hi monkey!" (I don't know where he learned this)
- Walks around with his hands in his pockets (I think it's cute)
- LOVES to jump and DANCE!
- Can distinguish cars between trucks and will point and say, "cahhh" when he sees one
- Knows what flowers are and calls them "peety"
- He has headbutted me on numerous occasions and when I say, "ouch, Jaden!" he says, "sowwwy"
- He finds the word, "eyebrow" hilarious

I ran out of steam so I hope that my list entertains you for now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment