Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mr. Crab

Jaden is cutting two molars on the top - this may be the reason why he's been an absolute terror lately, otherwise, I would have to say we've reached the terrible two's a bit too early.

Every time we say "No," he screams and flails on the ground. I'm wondering if it's his lack of being able to communicate with us that frustrates him. Although, he tries in his own language. He'll point to something, speak in jibberish and look at us as if we understand. To spare feelings, we tell him we agree.

Jaden has also started hitting more frequently, and I have found that I am his primary target. We have committed to using the time out chair more consistently, although he doesn't stay put for more than five seconds. Yesterday, he must have smacked me a good five times or so, each time catching me off guard. Anyone have any wisdom to share on how to nip this in the bud?

Mike bought us a massive 9-foot, pre-lit, faux Christmas tree that commands the formal living area. When Jaden saw the tree on the box he pointed and said, "tweeeeeee." I learned something today that was disappointing - even during the holidays must you baby-proof your decorations. So, our gorgeous 9-foot tree is unfortunately lacking in four feet of ornaments. Jaden has already destroyed some of the Christmas balls by shattering them against the tile and hardwood, thinking the balls were of the bouncing kind. I also ordered some embroidered stockings from Pottery Barn that I'm looking forward to receiving but realized today that I may not be able to hang them from the heavy metal stocking hooks that sit on the fireplace. One tug on them will surely hurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment