
Today, while Mike worked in the office I decided to take Jaden to the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. He seemed to have had a good time, although I think he's slightly young to really enjoy it. He did check out the fish and sharks but really just wanted to walk around and scream with glee.
After the aquarium, I took Jaden to lunch at Souplantation - a first date with just me and him! It was really quite daunting and I had to walk in there with a plan - I would make our food with him confined to the stroller, a helper to help move my tray of food to the table that I already setup with high chair and chair cover. I would then take him out of his stroller to grab the other goodies, which took a good two or three trips before we could actually start eating. When we were finally ready, Jaden seemed really excited about sitting across the table from me with his own plate of food. He was dancing and smiling and was well-behaved for a good ten minutes before he started getting antsy. I made him a plate of sliced celery, peas, corn, plain pasta noodles and another dish of mac n' cheese and blueberry muffin. He didn't want to have anything to do with the healthy stuff and instead stuck with the mac n' cheese. A true product of his father!
Mike and I bought Jaden a bunch of new toys for his playroom - we're introducing them one at a time to make them last. So far, we've introduced a couple of bouncey balls, a giraffe bike and a big foamy monster truck. He LOVES the balls and can say the word "ball" very clearly. He can also say "kick" and will kick the ball when I ask him to. There are some pictures on Picasa of him on his giraffe bike.
No comments:
Post a Comment