Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello, again...


Wow - it's been quite some time since I've posted an update, and for that I apologize!  I know a lot of you check daily so I'll try to be better about posting more regularly.

As you all know, Jaden and I went to Tennessee to visit the family.  We had a great time!  The boy had a blast and LOVED the space to cruise around and terrorize the pets.  We felt right at home with all the goodies that Lolo/Lola and Meemaw bought for him (thank you!).  It was very special to finally meet family friend Phyllis, whom I've not met until then but who felt very connected to us through pictures and stories.  Phyllis gave Jaden the most beautiful gift of a silver piggy bank - it's very endearing to know that people find him just as special as we do.  
Although we stayed a week, sadly it felt like it was much shorter.  I regret not spending as much time as I would've hoped with Elisa and family and especially Meemaw, who unfortunately came down with the bug during our visit.  Regardless, the time we did spend was awesome .   Thanks for the wonderful time!

Jaden was a real trooper on the long flights and 3-hour drives.  He was such a good boy!  In typical Jaden style, he flirted with all of the passengers, showing them his newest tricks such as waving and clapping.  We had some tense moments, such as him deciding to poop during takeoff going back to San Diego.  We were still ascending and I had to change his diaper in the tiny airplane bathroom before he fell asleep.  Luckily, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (except for that he was touching everything, including the faucet...yuck.)   Now, I feel that I can overcome anything since I traveled alone with a 7 month old... :)

Jaden turned 8 months yesterday.  Time flies when you're really busy raising an active son. 

Auntie Christy and Uncle Dom stopped in town last weekend for a brief visit before they went to Maui and will be stopping briefly before they return home.   They took him for a walk for coffee one morning and allowed Mike and I to sleep in for another hour, which was heaven.

Another update - We are moving!  We just signed a lease today on a 2,100 sq. ft. home down the street from where we currently live.  We're busting at the seams in our current place and are desperately needing the space to accommodate a growing boy.   There is plenty of room for family to visit, which we are excited about.  We also have a nice backyard to put a baby pool in so the boy can go swimming this summer.   We'll be settled around the end of June so I'll post pictures at that time.  We feel very fortunate to have this space and did it for Jaden.   Do we really need that much space for the three of us?  Probably not, but we can afford it and it's a good move for us in a family-friendly neighborhood. 

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment